Computers and WiFi
Free access to computers and WiFi is available at every branch library for all members of the Maitland community and visitors to the area.
Library members can login with a current library card, however If you do not have a library card ask the staff for assistance.
All public access computers provide access to a range of applications, graphics programs and internet. Library staff will assist you to login to the computers, find what you need and to print. You may also print or save information to USBs. Scanning facilities are available at all branch libraries.
Computer and internet access is provided under Maitland City Library's Conditions of use of Public Access Computers, which you should be familiar with before logging in.
Printing is charged on a per page basis.
|Black and White||Colour||Scanning|
|A4 $0.20||A4 $0.80|
|A3 $0.40||A3 $1.40||A3 free|
- Users are not permitted to make changes to the setup or configuration of public access computers, including security settings and downloading of software.
- Users must not knowingly propagate a computer virus.
- Users must not damage computer hardware or peripheral equipment.
- The rights and privacy of other public access computer users must be respected.
- Library staff should be notified if any problems are experienced with public access computers.
Users who do not comply with the Library’s conditions of use may have their session terminated or be denied access to the service.
Infringement will result in the following actions:
- First infringement – a verbal explanation of the Library’s conditions of use for public access computers.
- Second infringement – termination of session and a written warning detailing the nature of the breach, the time it occurred and suspension from using the service for the period of one month.
- Third infringement – termination of session and written notification of withdrawal of access to the service.
A library membership number is required to use public access computers. Customers who are not current library members should seek assistance from library staff when intending to book a computer.
To pre-book a computer for a convenient time, a Booking Station is available at all branches.
Sessions are available in 60 minute blocks. If demand allows, sessions can be extended. Pre-booked sessions will be cancelled if the user does not arrive within 10 minutes of the scheduled starting time.
Users may save information to portable storage devices, however saving to compact disc is not available.
Saving information to the hard drive of any public access computer is not permitted as files are not retained on public access computers.
Virus checkers are available on all public access computers, and users are encouraged to use this facility to avoid damage to portable storage devices and loss of data.
Library staff will assist users in using Microsoft applications, printing and accessing electronic information. Commitment to serving all Library customers may not allow extended instruction in computer use.
Library staff can provide basic troubleshooting assistance, but may need to refer technical and equipment difficulties to Council’s ICT Department.
Inexperienced users are encouraged to consult Library staff about the most convenient times to request basic instruction or extended assistance.
Introductory internet and email training is provided as needed at all library branches.
It's easy to login for WiFi at any one Maitland's branch libraries. Our free WiFi provides access for up to eight hours in any 24 hour period.
You do not need a username or password to login but if you are using our WiFi service you are required to agree to the terms and conditions.