Friends of Maitland City Library
The Friends of Maitland City Library support the Library through advocacy, fund raising and programs contributing to the cultural and social life of the Maitland community.
Friends enjoy some great benefits, including discounted entry to Library events, free family history consultation and opportunities to contribute to a range of initiatives and events.
You'll join others who love and support local library services and gain a greater insight into library programs, collections and services.
The Friends of Maitland City Library represent library users and undertake activities appropriate to their interests. Their primary objective is to encourage the use of library services and facilities by the community.
It's easy to join the Friends of Maitland City Library. Yearly membership fees are $20 per person or $30 per family and include a range of benefits.
You can join or renew your membership through one of the following options:
There are lots of advantages to becoming a Friend of Maitland City Library, including discounts, meeting like minded people and contributing to community life through one of the Friends' initiatives. Benefits include:
- 10% discount on all ticketed events from Maitland City Library, including the popular Look Who's Talking program
- Special Friends deal on coffee and cake of the day at the Readers Cafe and Larder
- Presentations by Maitland City Library staff about new initiatives, library collections and services
- Free family history consultation to assist with family and local history research
- Invitations to special Maitland City Library events, such as exhibitions and book launches
- Opportunities to contribute to community life through Friends of Maitland City Library initiatives.
There are some great opportunities to contribute to community life through sharing your skills or volunteering your time with the Friends of Maitland City Library. The Friends coordinate and participate in a range of rewarding activities, including:
- Reading to residents of nursing homes and retirement villages
- Coordination of book clubs
- Annual book sale.
The Friends of Maitland City Library sponsor initiatives that enrich the cultural life of the community, including a children’s literary award and an annual lecture series.
- Write Now! Children's Literary Award.
- Friends of Maitland City Library Annual Lecture.
All Friends are welcome to attend meetings, although it is not a requirement of membership. Meetings are held 5.00pm - 6.00pm at Maitland Library on the third Wednesday of every second month.
Meeting dates for 2020 are:
15 April 20
17 June 20
19 August 20
21 Oct (AGM)
- Chair - Gail Johnston
- Deputy Chair - Lee Galloway
- Councillor representative - Cr Don Ferris.
- Council representative - Keryl Collard, Manager Gallery and Libraries